Friday, March 2, 2007

Best work day of my life


This is not a forum for talking about work but I have to write this down. Yesterday was the best day of my professional life. Part of my job developing the team here is to announce what we do within the Indian market and yesterday we hosted a marketing event held in Bombay for a few hundred businesses that are potential clients.

I expected it to be casual and kind of underwhelming but our company rolled out the red carpet almost literally. There were signs fifteen feet high, a staff registering people in, a buffet for hundreds, and a 500 seat theater with a stage set up with lighting and huge screens. So basically I presented on what our company can do for them, what this team can do, and my experiences doing what I do for like 45 minutes and took questions for an hour afterwards. Being on stage like that was like lightning. making a conservative crowd of people who don't know you laugh like that is something special.
This was easily the most vivid emotion and real feelings i have ever felt from working.

In the rest of my life I have surpassed it countless times but i am never going to forget that. It is going to be a turning point for something i hope.

So to celebrate, since fun and wildness is not allowed in this country, i went back to my hotel and ate like a viking with room service; 5 entrees, 3 pots of tea, and a toblerone bar.

warrior sleep good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yaaaa boyyyy... that's it baby!

Anonymous said...

:o) I love this entry! Very official...just hot, just hot. And what's even hotter is that you celebrated w/a Toblerone bar! Lol...good stuff...